We put together a list of our absolute favorite apps, tools, courses, and resources for entrepreneurs, to help you optimize your business.
IF YOU WANT TO…
BE ORGANIZED AF:
- Asana: heaven for to-do list purists. Also, more productivity = more narwhals and unicorns flying across your screen.
- Trello: your business, your shopping lists, your workouts… there’s literally nothing you can’t organize with Trello. (Not a fan? We weren’t either, until we took Trello for Business.)
- Dubsado: if you need to send client proposals, contracts, questionnaires, or get paid, Dubsado WILL make your life easier. It’s already crazy affordable, but Becca + Jake are offering 20% off for Covelle readers because they’re magical unicorn people.
CONQUER YOUR INBOX:
- G Suite: for $5 per user per month, you can access all of Google’s mail and Drive features, and have an email address that ends in @yourdomain.com
- Streak: sort your emails into customizable pipelines, schedule sending, snooze messages to pop back in your inbox whenever you choose, and see who’s opened emails you’ve sent.
- Airmail: we’re new to this one, but we’re already stoked about it! Fully customizable swipe actions make getting to inbox zero… fun?
SCHEDULE MEETINGS IN A SNAP:
- Calendly: you should not still be sending six emails back and forth every time you need to schedule a call or a coffee date. Get thee to Calendly (or Acuity, if you need a better way to charge for paid appointments).
- Typeform: the gold standard for creating beautiful forms.
NOT HAVE TO BUY A NEW LAPTOP THIS YEAR:
- Clean My Mac: a must for Mac users. Optimize your system and get more done.
STOP RESETTING YOUR PASSWORD:
- 1Password: a password manager for all your devices. Three massive perks: 1) use crazy secure passwords, 2) never have to remember them, and 3) share with your team/virtual assistant in a snap.
BE A TOTAL SOCIAL MEDIA NINJA:
- Planoly: we couldn’t
liveInstagram without Planoly. Drag + drop to plan your feed, pre-write captions and schedule posts, upload content from your desktop, manage comments, and get insights to optimize your engagement.
- Link in Profile: until Instagram stops being a d-bag about links, this make it easy to share clickable content.
FIND BETTER STOCK PHOTOS:
- Adobe Stock: this is our go-to. The standard plan gives you 10 photos for $30 a month, and you get your first month free!
- Free options: Pixabay, Pexels, Unsplash.
AUTOMATE THE SH$% OUT OF SH$%:
- IFTTT: short for “If That, Then This,” IFTTT helps you connect your favorite tools + apps into automated workflows.
- Zapier: same basic concept. For example, we use Zapier to post our Instagram photos to Twitter as native Twitter images.
WORK FROM SOMEWHERE THAT’S NOT YOUR COUCH:
- Workfrom.co: find nearby coffee shops and coworking spaces with great wifi.
- Deskpass: it’s like ClassPass for coworking spaces. Currently in Chicago and LA.
FIGURE OUT WHAT TIME TO HOST A WEBINAR OR OTHER EVENT:
- EveryTimeZone.com: drag the bar across the screen to see what time works best across all time zones.
GET MORE PRESS:
- Help A Reporter Out: free daily emails seeking contributors for upcoming news stories.
READ MORE BOOKS (AND THE NEWS!)
- The Skimm: it’s easy to go into hustle mode and completely lose track of the last time you showered, let alone current events. The Skimm sends a short and sweet (and usually sarcastic) roundup to your inbox every weekday morning.
- Blinkist: summaries of popular nonfiction books. Use it to burn through your reading list or use it to decide what to put on your reading list and what to skip.
STAY FULLY CHARGED:
- Amazon Basics portable power bank: Sam literally doesn’t leave the house without it. It can charge two devices at once, and can recharge your phone almost 6 times before you have to plug it back in.
FEEL TOTALLY BADASS WHEN YOU’RE NERVOUS:
- Rent the Runway: awesome clothes make you feel more confident – it’s just science. Any time we’re a little nervous about an event (or anytime we’re getting our picture taken!) we hit up RTR for a pick-me-up that won’t break the bank.